International Open & Distance Learning Conference (IODL 2019), 14-16 November 2019
Anadolu University, Eskişehir, Turkey
Full Paper Submission Deadline: 15 July 2019
Please note that only full paper submissions are accepted.
We are happy and proud to invite you to the INTERNATIONAL OPEN & DISTANCE LEARNING CONFERENCE – IODL 2019, which will be held at Anadolu University, Eskişehir, Turkey on 14-15-16 November, 2019. After the conferences in 2002, 2006 and 2010, IODL 2019 is the 4th IODL event hosted by Anadolu University Open Education System. The conference is organized by Open Education Faculty, Anadolu University.
Anadolu University, one of the world leaders in open and distance education, currently offers higher education to over one million students worldwide. Anadolu University Open Education System aims to reduce the barriers to education, especially for adult and self-learners. In the 21st century, the idea of openness is in the very core of education which is surrounded with technology in multi-cultural learning environments.
The main theme of the IODL 2019 is “Glocal ODL Opportunities and Dynamics”.
The aim of the IODL 2019 is to provide a platform for researchers and practitioners to present and discuss a broad range of topics related to open and distance learning, including but not limited to:
• Open and distance learning
• Lifelong learning
• Open education and globalization
• Drop-out in open and distance education
• Open and distance learning for refugees
• Learning analytics
• Financial issues in massive education
• Digital division
• Barriers to learning
• Role of education in crisis
• Education in a multicultural society
• Micro credential and short learning programs
• Mobile learning
• Adaptive learning environments
• Deep learning in ODL
• AI in/for ODL
• IoTs for ODL
• Student Support Services in ODL
• Public science
• New challenges to the Higher Education Area
• Evaluation and assessment in ODL
• Accreditation and QA in ODL
• MOOCs and OERs
Keynote speeches, panels and oral presentations will be featured in the conference. Selected papers will be published in supporting journals. Papers can be submitted and presented in Turkish and English.
• Full Paper Submission Deadline: 15 July 2019
• Notification of Acceptance/Rejection: 12 August 2019
• Earlybird Registration Deadline: 26 August 2019
• Registration Deadline: 7 October 2019
• Conference Dates: 14-15-16 November 2019
Who Can Attend?
Anyone can attend and/or submit proposals to present at IODL 2019. The conference is designed to engage:
• Educational administrators
• Curriculum developers
• Instructional designers
• Technology & education companies
• Anyone with an interest in open and distance learning
*** Accepted full papers will be published in the conference proceedings (bearing an ISBN). Selected papers will be published in special issues of the supporting journals: Turkish Online Journal of Distance Education – TOJDE or Açıköğretim Uygulamaları ve Araştırmaları Dergisi – AUAd.
Papers can be submitted and presented in Turkish and English.
We cordially invite you to contribute to IODL 2019. For detailed information, paper submission and the latest news, please visit http://iodl.anadolu.edu.tr.
IODL2019 Organization Committee